Exams will be in alignment with the new Body of Knowledge 4th Edition and Exam Specifications, December 2020. ACMPE nominees who sign up to take exams in the month of December will receive a $50 MGMA credit!
Showcase your expertise by becoming a Certified Medical Practice Executive.
The American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), the certification and fellowship authority of MGMA, has been certifying medical practice executives for more than 60 years.
The only board certification of its kind, ACMPE’s Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) credential is recognized as the standard in medical practice management — a benchmark that can single you out and put you in full view of top physicians and executives throughout the industry.
Ready to raise your profile? Apply for certification today or discover more about the path to your CMPE credential below.
The ACMPE Certification Pathway
Step One: Qualify & Apply
To apply for board certification and work toward obtaining the CMPE credential, you must:
· Be a current MGMA member on a National level.
· Pay a one-time $250 application fee.
· Submit your completed application form, along with documentation of two years of healthcare management experience, including at least six months in a supervisory role. NOTE: Starting January 1, 2019, applicants will need a bachelor’s degree or 120 college credit hours (in addition to the current requirements) to apply.
Once you have fulfilled the qualifications and MGMA has verified your professional experience, you will be notified of your acceptance.
Step Two: Assess & Build Knowledge
After program acceptance, you will need to fulfill three requirements to earn your CMPE credential. These requirements can be completed in the order that works for you:
· Pass a multiple choice exam - This 175-item, multiple-choice exam assesses your on-the-job knowledge of the broad scope of group practice management principles and practices as described in the six domains of the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management.
· Pass a scenario-based exam - This exam assesses in-depth knowledge of medical practice management principles, problem-solving and decision-making skills a candidate would need to handle and resolve real-world medical practice issues.
· Earn 50 hours of continuing education (CE) - You can start earning CE 30 days prior to your nominee acceptance date through a variety of qualifying activities. CE credit can also be earned during your exam preparation and after passing the exams.
For more information about the exams, applicable fees and upcoming exam registration dates, visit our ACMPE examination page.
Step Three: Maintain Your Credential
The Certification Commission and the MGMA Board vote monthly to confer and award the CMPE designation to individuals who have completed the nominee requirements. After the vote is final, staff will send official notification of your advancement. Once certified, you will need to:
· Submit 50 CE hours every three years
· Remain an MGMA member
· Consider ACMPE Fellowship (Optional) - Once you’re board certified, you’ll be eligible to join an influential group of exceptional practice leaders through ACMPE Fellowship, the highest level of distinction you can earn in medical practice management.
Take the next step in your career.
Start your board certification journey today.
Fellowship is your next career challenge and is the highest level of distinction you can earn in the medical practice management profession. Join others who are dedicated to making a difference and creating best practices in the healthcare industry. Share your expertise and make your mark in healthcare management.
To apply to the Fellowship program and work toward obtaining the FACMPE credential, you need to:
Once MGMA receives and verifies your application fee and form, they will notify you of your acceptance into the program! Click here to access the application.
For more information please contact our MGMA MS ACMPE Forum Representative Janet Benzing